Sunday 26 August 2018

Saturday 25th August

It was a wee bit chilly this morning as I set off at 06.30 onboard my `Claud Baby` with no idea where or how far I was going. So taking my normal route out through Upminster to South Weald where I found Wigley Bush Lane was closed to traffic. But that`s was alright as it goes up hill and I didn`t fancy that climb, but it did make the narrow Weald Park Way rather busy with traffic. Then I found another road closure this time in Crow Green Road, it was only a large hole in the middle of the road, looked like gas main repairs going on but I got passed it alright via the pavement. After many years of cycling through Peartree Green I finally found out why its called that! I had stopped to take a photo of the Doddinghurst Village Sign when a pear fell from a tree and hit me on the head!
A bit further on in Church Lane I came across a burst water main to splash through, then on through Blackmore and Norton Heath for a cuppa in the café. Then onto Willingale where a nice bit of sunshine greeted me but the wind was still a bit chilly.
After a photo of the Toll and the Village Pump and a look at Fred`s Bus Stop and the Churchyard I decide to turn for home as my neck, back and shoulder were beginning to ache. The main reason for this is my Claud is the only bike I now have that`s got drop handlebars. My other two bikes have now been change over to straight handlebars because of my neck and shoulder problems.
Anyway I headed back to Blackmore and then onto Mountnessing and made my way to Hutton and found another water main burst this time on the A129 just before Hutton Village. Then on along Hanging Hill Lane and I always slow down when I get to Hare Hall and remember Dot & Jack Sharp who once live here and also the Brentwood Club Hut.
Then along The Avenue to Little Warley and Bird Lane to the B186 and into St. Marys Lane, Pike & Pea Lanes and home by 11.45 with 45 miles on the clock.
        One of the Willingale churches this one is St.Christopher    

No comments:

Post a Comment