Thursday 26 March 2020

Sunday 15th March 2020

Well it`s been a rough start to the year with......
January & February unable to cycle or walk at times! All started in December with a mild lower back pain, then in the early hours of Boxing Day morning I fell over indoors on my way to the bathroom. I just felt dizzy and went down, don`t know how long I was out for but woke up and went back to bed. The lower back pain became more painful so I phoned NHS 111 they called a Doctor out to me who called an Ambulance! Two nights in Basildon Hospital and I was told lower back pain could be due to your cycling accident in 2014, and you need a MRI scan. As for the dizziness nothing could be found for this after a number of tests. So I came out of Hospital with this......
....but refused the home help I was offered! The frame didn`t last long and I was soon out and about on a walking stick and eventually gave that up too. And on Sunday 15th March I finally took the old Raleigh downstairs and had a short but sweet ride around the local roads. Glad it was dry out but it was a bit windy so found it a bit hard in the headwind and carrying the bike back upstairs again was no problem.
Mileage just 8.50 miles, photo taken at St. Nicholas Church, which is one of the 6 Round Tower Churches in Essex.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment