Monday 15 April 2013

Sunday 14th April

A mild and cloudy morning greeted me as I set off at 07.30 on-board the Rory to splash my way through a number of large puddles to reach Dunton. No bootsale today so hardly any traffic on roundabout, which was nice. After Billericay I headed to Ingatesone Hall and caught a few spots of rain and also got caught at the level crossing gates! Then onto Margaretting where I pointed my wheels towards Writtle and reached the village green at 09.30 just as that old currant bun came out. It was very pleasant sitting beside the duck pond sharing a piece of my homemade fruit cake with the ducks. But eventually I had to make a move and decide to head back home.
A tough headwind greeted me as I made my way to Loves Green and Blackmore where a seat on the village green was waiting for me as I needed to get out of this wind for a rest. Doddinghurst and South Wealds led me to Upminster and eventually home by 13.00hrs and with 46 miles on the clock
The Rory at Writtle village green duck pond in the warm sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment