Sunday 28 April 2013

Saturday 27th April

There had been a frost first thing but by the time I set off at 07.20 it had all gone, but it was still feeling rather chilly than of late. Once again I was on the Rory and once again I had no idea where I was a going! I made an unscheduled stop in Hall Lane to speak to Havering CTC rider Gordon who was just setting off to the gym for some spinning in aid of a charity. Once over South Wealds I sped through Blackmore to Norton Heath and Willingale where I had a quick stop at Fred`s bus shelter. Then onto High Easter and Stagden Cross to reach the lovely village of Pleshey, where I had my iron ration stop in the moat garden.
Back in the saddle I made my way to Good Easter and Roxwell then onto Cooksmill Green and Highwood to stop in Blackmore to finish off my iron rations beside the village pond. I then more or less retrace my outward route back to South Wealds and Upminster to reach home at 14.30 with 61.69 miles on the clock which is my longest ride (so far) this year.

The Rory in the moat garden always a lovely spot for a break before or after you explore this delightful village  

No comments:

Post a Comment