Monday 17 June 2013

Sunday 16th June

I set off just after six thirty and once again on-board the Rory with the idea of having a 45-50 miles ride as I`ve not been out much lately. At least it was dry this morning and not so windy as I climbed up to the Thatchers Arms and through Brentwood to Mountnessing. In Ingatestone I stopped outside Patrick Green D.I.Y shop not because I wanted anything, it was the display in their window that caught my eye. Some very old lawnmowers and other old gardening tools which I found very interesting, not that I`m into gardening! I carried on to Margaretting and to Writtle and into Loves Walk which leads into the churchyard of All Saints church, then pass a lovely old half timbered house which dates back to the 1500. After a short stretch on the A1060 I was back in the lanes and passing  through Chignall Smealy, Mashbury and Good Easter. I had a look at the Ford it wasn`t deep today but with it`s sandy bottom I wasn`t taking any chances, so I took the footpath over. 
I crossed over the A1060 at Four Wantz and headed for Birds Green and Millers Green to Willingale, where I bumped into a Sportive event. I rode with them or should that be they kept speeding pass me until Norton Heath. Where the Sportive lot got onto the A414 while I just crossed over it and heading for Blackmore and Doddinghurst. Then on through South Wealds and onto the cycle path along the Hall Lane to Cranham where I caught a few spots of rain and home by 12.45 with just over 55 miles done. Shame the sun didn`t make an appearance, but still a very enjoyable morning in the saddle.

The Ford wasn`t so deep this morning but I still didn`t fancy cycling through it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment