Sunday 26 May 2013

Saturday 25th May

Dry and sunny but a wee bit chilly for my 7am start, and once again I was on the Rory. I took my normal route out through Upminster to South Wealds, then as there wasn`t much traffic about I rode along the A128 until Kelvedon Hatch. Then back into the lanes to Hallsford Bridge and eventually Chipping Ongar and Moreton. By the time I reached Matching Green I had a good idea where I was going for coffee. Through Manwood Green to Taverners Green and Bush End brought me to Hatfield Forest. After those `false teeth rattling` cattle grids I arrived at the Forest Cafe at 10.30 to share my coffee, well more my biscuits with a Jackdaw!
Leaving the cafe at 11am I retraced my route back to Taverners Green and then headed for White & Abbess Roding`s to make my way to Willingale for a short break in Fred`s bus shelter. Then on through Blackmore and back to South Wealds and eventually reaching home at 3pm with 68.90 miles on the clock which is my longest ride so far this year.

 I just had to take a picture of this outside Spains Hall Farm Willingale

No comments:

Post a Comment