Tuesday 21 May 2013

Tuesday 21st May

A 09.45 start on a cloudy and windy morning, I had no destination again as I set off on the Rory. Through Bulphan and over the A127 at Dunton, followed by a short climb to find all those nasty potholes along the Billericay Rd have now been filled in. I took the pretty route along Blind Lane which is a rough stuff route to reach Billericay and then onto Buttsbury Ford or as some locals call it the Wash. Anyway whatever it called, it was a wee bit wet for me so I took the footbridge over. Then after a short climb I came to the 12th century St. Mary church. Then downhill to cross the River Wid by the 16th century bridge, followed by a climb up to Ingatestone, where I decide I would turn for home here.
Once again I got caught at the rail crossing gates but at least it wasn`t raining this time, though I did feel a few spots a mile or two back. I stopped outside the 16th century Ingatestone Hall to check the time with its one handed clock which said 12.30 I think! Then I made my way to Hutton and The Avenue to reach Thorndon Country Park for coffee and biscuits. Then onto to Little Warley and Birds Lane to pick up the B road and more traffic than I`ve seen all morning! I was home by 13.45 with 36.10 miles on the clock. So a nice ride out, had a chat with a few cyclists I met on route, it was just a shame the sun never came out to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment